Monday, November 8, 2010

RG 1/144 MS-06S Zaku II: WIP (Part 1) - Unboxed

The RG 1/144 MS-06S Char's Zaku II will be released in Japan on Nov. 25th.  And I am grateful for being able to acquire this sample kit from Bluefin Distribution to do a build & review for it.  I will be documenting my build progress along the way, and I hope this would serve as a great preview for you, before you get your hands on this kit. =)
(Release Date: Nov 25th 2010, Price: 2625 Yen)  GG INFINITE: Pre-Order Item

***This exclusive look into the RG 1/144 MS-06S Zaku II was brought to you by Bluefin Distribution (North America's sole Gundam model & hobby distributor) ***
For this first WIP, it is more just showing the unboxing of the runners & accessories. 
I will need to remind myself to be extra careful when building the inner frames, as I recalled the RG 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam's inner frame was a bit fragile.  Just by looking at the frames on the runner, I can tell that a lot of detail went into designing them.  The inner frame is not just for good looks, but also to allow the kit to be more articulate in doing various poses.
Accessories include 2 black cable tubes for the leg cables, and decals / metal foil stickers.  I seldom use any sort of stickers, so most likely I will be painting those parts.
Work In Progress by G.G. 

7 comments:

  1. You're so lucky, getting yours hands on it early! Also, I thought the RG wasn't due until end of November?
    Also, does anyone know how to order from Bluefin? Do you have to create an account with them to actually be able to put things in your cart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Bandai's site it won't be released until Nov 27th. Is this an error?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I copied the wrong date, guess I was too excited. =P

    It is actually going to be released on Nov. 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my wife hit me with a newspaper when i screamed like a little girl looking at this.. I WANT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome preview man! Can't wait to see the wip pic. Having assembled the RG I must say its the build process that is the most enjoyable while admiring all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nice! Lucky man you... Getting it so early. Can't wait to see what you are gonna to do with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you :) I already ordered this kit as well. Can't wait to hold it by my own hands :)

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails